This is such a special treat that you could serve to folks who aren't even interested in healthy eating - and they'd love it. Summer lovin' !
Strawberry Shortcake Parfait
Recipe serves 6
- 2 cups So Delicious Coconut Whip (or make your own coconut whipped cream here!)
- 3 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 cups sprouted spelt flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup organic non-gmo cane sugar
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, cold
- 2 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a pan.
- Mix spelt flour, baking powder, salt and cane sugar together. Using a pastry cutter, cut the coconut oil to pea size chunks in the flour mixture.
- Pour in the almond milk and vanilla. Stir until combined then using your hands form 6 cakes.
- Place on the pan and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Mean while, wash and chop strawberries.
- Once shortcakes have been removed from the oven and cooled. Chop in to small pieces and place on the bottom of a parfait bowl. Layer with strawberries and coconut whip on top.
Enjoy! Thank you to Renee Altman, RHN, BHKin, Verity Nutrition.