What's more refreshing in the summer than biting into a fresh, juicy Okanagan peach? Or having a handful of cool, red just-picked Okanagan raspberries?
Not much! So I'm sharing what I'm living off of this summer. I love squeezing as much as I can out of the season, where food is fresh and juicy as can be. If you don't want coconut whip or anything added, simply have a chopped fruit salad plain as can be! Fruits are a wonderful snack and are nutrient dense whole foods that you can enjoy guilt free. They have the added bonus of helping to cool us down in the summer with all the water content! Enjoy!
Summer Fruit Salad
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 peaches, diced
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
- So Delicious coconut whip (or make your own here!)
- Prepare all fruit (dice, half etc).
- Mince mint.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl, stir until well combined.
- Serve with coconut whip.
Contributed by Renee Altman, RHN, BHKin of Verity Nutrition.