When its a hot Okanagan day, a lemonade will do. But how about a healthy ice cold glass of homemade lemonade with lavender from a backyard garden instead? That'll MORE than do. THAT'S awesome.... I'm laying it on ya - here's a super quick recipe to whip up and leave in a jug in the fridge for instant refreshment post-gardening or beach day!
Luscious Lavender Lemonade
- 2 Tablespoons Lavender Buds & green tea
- ½ Cup Organic Sugar, Coconut Sugar or Local Honey (or 1/4 cup maple syrup and 1/4 cup raw honey)
- Juice of 3 Fresh Lemons
- Bring 7 cups water to low boil
- Pour 4 cups of water over the lavender and steep for 10 minutes before straining
- Pour the remaining 3 cups water over the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Combine lavender & sugar mixtures in a pitcher and stir in lemon juice. Serve over ice.
That's it! Enjoy!