Healthy, organic and freaking delicious?? Yes, you can have it ALL! Can you believe the words "chocolate almond fudge bars" can actually be all of these things? It is true. When moving to a real foods diet, you don't have to sacrifice those delicious treats. You just have to find some alternative ingredients to replace the 'bad guys' like white flour and white sugar, use some more fruits and healthier sweeteners like honey or molasses, and of course have an RHN nearby who can share how to put all those ingredients together into a drool-worthy dessert that wont have you feeling nauseous after eating. Enjoy!
Banana Chocolate Almond Fudge Bars~ Raw, vegan, gluten free
Yields 16 squares
1 cup raw almonds
9 medjool dates, pitted
1/3 cup hemp seeds
1 tablespoon water
1/2 cup banana
3/4 cup raw cashews
2 tablespoon raw cacao powder
5 medjool dates, pitted
3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
3 tablespoons almond butter
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Grease an 8x8 pan with coconut oil.
2. In a food processor, combine all crust ingredients and pulse. Press evenly into the pan.
3.Clean out the food processor. Add all fudge ingredients into the food processor or high speed blender and blend until smooth.
4. Pour fudge on top of crust. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
5. Make chocolate sauce. Melt coconut oil and chocolate chips in a double boiler.
6. Remove fudge from freezer and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Serve.
Store in fridge or freezer until ready to be served.
Thank you for the contribution - Renee Altman, RHN, BHKin