Just the word truffles shows glorious golden glowing Christmas-esque foods dancing in my mind. You'll be stunned at how luxurious eating clean can feel once you try these sweet bites.
Protein Chocolate Truffles
Yields 20-25 truffles
- 1-398ml can black beans (~1.5 cups cooked beans), drained (choose non-BPA lined cans)
- 1/3 cup medjool dates, pitted (4-5 dates)
- 1/2 cup vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seed butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Place drained black beans, cacao powder, pitted dates, protein powder, vanilla and pumpkin seed butter in a food processor.
- Blend until a dough ball forms. You may need to scrape down the sides of the food processor a couple times.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop out 1-2 tablespoons of dough at a time and roll into a ball. Continue until all the dough is gone.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil. Drizzle over top truffles and sprinkle with hemp seeds.
- Place in the fridge for 20 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
Recipe contributed thank you to: Renee Altman, RHN, BHKin.